Upromise Shopping FAQs
Why does it take 10–90 days for my cash back to post?
Our partners all operate on different schedules and send us their tracking information at different intervals. Some send it daily and some send once a month. The time it takes for your cash back to post depends on when the partner you shop with sends us their information and how quickly we can process it.
Why does it take 45–90 days after posting for my cash back to be deposited into my Upromise account?
Upromise credits your account only after we receive payment from our partner company. The time it takes for your payment to be deposited into your Upromise account depends on when our partner company sends us the cash back payment.
How is cash back calculated?
Cash back will be automatically calculated and awarded on the basis of the purchase amount, excluding taxes, shipping and special handling charges. Fees for additional services—such as gift wrapping or monogramming—as well as any portion of the price covered by a gift certificate or store credit are also excluded from the cash back calculation.
Please note that exceptions and limitations exist and some merchants have different terms and conditions.
How does Upromise know that I've purchased a product or service from a contributing company?
Upromise knows you've purchased a product or service from a contributing company in one of the following ways:
- Through the data that comes in from your registered credit card;
- When you shop online through a link on the Upromise website;
- When the information you input from an eligible purchase or company program matches the data sent to us from that company.
- The best way to start is to register your current credit and debit cards and your grocery cards—you will be prompted to do this as you enroll.
- To register for other services, just provide the information the company requires.
- You can get details by clicking on any companies you see on the View All Retailers page of our site.
Will I have to give any additional information after I enroll to receive cash back?
It depends on the company program you are participating in. Some company programs ask that you input information either before or after a purchase. Others, once you have signed up, don't require you to give any additional information to receive cash back. You can modify company programs at any time during your membership. When you do, you may be asked to provide additional information.
Your cash back is tracked when you:
- Register your credit cards and loyalty program cards
- Register your billing information for services and major purchases
- Shop through links on the Upromise website at online contributing companies
You can view the cash back you receive by logging in to your account 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
When will I receive my cash back?
Cash back posting times vary by company. Please view When will I see my cash back? to find out when your cash back should post. We are continually working with our contributing companies to ensure the most rapid reporting and payment schedules possible.
- Thousands of grocery and drugstores coast to coast
- 850+ online retailers
- 10,000+ restaurants nationwide
- Upromise credit cards
- Toys, books, music, electronics, home goods and clothing
- Many more
How do I find a restaurant that contributes money to my Upromise account?
There are approximately 10,000+ restaurants nationwide that participate in the Upromise Restaurants Program. To locate a participating restaurant near you, please use our restaurant search. You can earn 2.5% of your total bill back as college savings—including tax and tip.
What is an online affiliate?
Certain contributing companies with whom you may shop through our website are online affiliates. When you shop with an online affiliate through our website, the online affiliate pays us a referral fee, of which we give some or all back to you as a cash back. You will be eligible to get cash back from online affiliates as long as you shop with them through a link from the Upromise website or a Upromise email. Upromise will fund the cash back to your Upromise account once we are paid the full referral fee by the specific online affiliate with whom you shop. For your convenience, the cash back will show up as pending in your Upromise account until we receive the referral fee. Online affiliates are not generally owned by, or under common ownership with, Upromise.
Do all purchases qualify for cash back? Are there any restrictions?
You will receive cash back from contributing companies based on the price of eligible goods and services purchased, generally excluding tax, shipping, and handling. In general, cash back will not be made for any portion of your purchase paid for with coupons, store credit, online currency, or gift certificates. For a company's specific cash back restrictions, please refer to that company's program details. In addition, cash back is not provided for the following types of purchases:
- Gift certificates;
- Prescriptions from contributing companies (due to federal and state laws and regulations);
- Regular monthly deliveries;
- Purchases made with third-party partners or subsidiaries of a Upromise contributing company not covered under our agreement with them.
Does cash back ever expire or get forfeited? What if I don't shop with any Upromise contributing companies for several months?
The money you earn through Upromise will not expire. However, if you or we close your account, or your account is terminated by us in accordance with Member Agreement, and you do not have the minimum withdrawal amount required by Upromise in your account at the time it is closed or terminated, you will forfeit the earnings in your account. In addition, we may terminate your account and forfeit any and all earnings if we believe that you are abusing the service, including engaging in fraudulent activity. In addition, if your Upromise account has not had any activity, as defined by the law of your state of residence, for a certain period of time (generally three to five years), Upromise may be required to remit your earnings to that state as unclaimed or abandoned property.
What can I do with the unused cash back in my Upromise account after my student graduates from college?
You have several options after your student completes his or her higher education, subject to certain minimum transfer requirements (generally $10 to $25). You can:
- Continue to add cash back for that student for any other higher education he or she would like to pursue, such as graduate school;
- Transfer any remaining unused cash back to another student in the Upromise savings network,
- Invest them in an eligible 529 account or a High-Yield Savings Account by Sallie Mae®,
- Use them to help pay down your eligible student loan(s),
- Transfer them to other eligible financial products as determined by Upromise, or
- Request a check for any remaining unused cash back.
How does my cash back get into my 529 account?
In order for your Upromise savings to be transferred to a qualified 529 account, you must link your Upromise account to your 529 account. Once you have linked a 529 account to your Upromise account, Upromise will automatically transfer cash back to your 529 account. Here's how:
- On a quarterly basis, Upromise will add all of the funded (not pending) cash back in your Upromise account to the cash back balance that has been allocated to your 529 account beneficiary from your Family & Friends Network.
- For the initial transfer, if the total amount of funded cash back is at least $50, Upromise will transfer funds directly to your 529 account. If the cash back for a future student has not yet reached $50, this cash back will remain in your Upromise account, allocated to this student, and will be eligible for transfer during the next calendar quarter. After the initial transfer, subsequent transfers will happen quarterly as long as the total funded cash back for this future student meets the additional investment minimums established under 529 plan rules and by your plan provider (currently $50 for the Upromise College Fund).
How do I update my offer notifications?
- Customize your experience by selecting the "Preferences" page under "Your Account" at the top of any page. Set your preferences to your favorite retailer categories.
What does "registered credit card" or "a card you've registered with Upromise" mean?
A "registered credit card" or "a card you've registered with Upromise" both refer to the same thing: any credit or debit (with a Visa/MC logo) card that you already have and that you have registered in your Upromise account. Whenever you make a purchase with one of these cards at an online retailer who requires use of a "registered card," we can track your purchase and automatically apply your cash back to your Upromise account. Click here to see the list of online retailers who require use of a registered card. Click here to register a credit or debit card.
I paid with a debit card that I've registered with Upromise, but my cash back never posted and it's been more than 60 days since the transaction. What happened?
It is important that you remember to always use your debit card as a credit card when making a purchase with a Retailer. Your card must have the Visa/MasterCard logo on it, and when given the option of entering your PIN, or signing for the transaction, you must always sign for the purchase. This enables us to track your purchase as a credit card purchase, and we are then able to give you your cash back.
Do I need to use a registered credit or debit card when I shop with a participating online retailer?
With the majority of our 850+ online retailers, all you need to do is begin your shopping at Upromise.com/shop or click through from a Upromise email. You can use any method of payment (some restrictions may apply) and we will automatically track your purchases. However, some retailers may ask you to complete your online purchase with a credit or debit card that is registered in your Upromise account. To learn more about who these retailers are and how to shop with them, please visit the View All Retailers page.
Can I shop directly at a retailer's website using my registered credit or debit card and still earn cash back?
In most cases no. For example, Walmart.com is one of our online-only partners. If you go directly to Walmart.com and complete your purchase with a registered card, you will not get your cash back. To get your cash back, you MUST start at Upromise.com and click through to the Walmart.com site or click through a Upromise email.
In general, to ensure that you get your cash back, we recommend that you always start your online shopping at Upromise.com. With most of our online retailers, we do not track your purchases through your registered credit or debit cards but through your log-in.
However, there are a few online retailers who allow you to shop directly on their site without having to start at Upromise.com. To learn more about these retailers, please visit our View All Retailers page.
Can I get cash back when I shop with a Retailer and pay with a virtual credit card?
Now offered by several credit card issuers, virtual credit cards are single-use cards which help protect against fraud because they carry a unique code that expires within a short period of time.
You can use a virtual credit card to pay for your purchase and get your cash back when shopping with the majority of our online retailers. However, you will not get your cash back if you use a virtual credit card with a Retailer who requires you to use a credit or debit card that you've registered with Upromise. This is because we cannot match the virtual credit card with your registered card to give you your cash back.
To find which online retailers do NOT accept virtual credit cards as a valid method of payment, please check the terms and conditions for companies that do not accept randomly generated, one-time-use account numbers.
- Visit the Grocery eCoupon section of the Upromise website (you'll find this link in the blue navigation bar at the top of your screen). You'll be prompted to log in.
- After logging in, click on the "My Account" link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Click on the "Register My Cards" link from the menu on the left hand side of the page and follow the instructions to add the card.
How does Upromise keep my credit card information private and secure?
Our members' security and privacy are critically important issues for Upromise. We've made several innovations to protect your data and personal identity throughout the Upromise service.
Upromise protects your data by:
- Monitoring for intrusion attempts - 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
- SSL, Data, and Password encryption technology;
- Firewalls and systems monitoring;
- Security audits and inspections by leading security firms.
All data Upromise exchanges with contributing, financial, and technology companies is communicated over point-to-point private lines or is encrypted for transfer over public networks.
How do I register my credit cards? Can I enter my spouse's credit cards?
To register one or more of your credit cards log in to your account, and then enter in the necessary information, being careful to enter your name and billing address exactly as they appear on your credit card statement. You can automatically get cash back at thousands of restaurants and retail locations when you shop with your registered credit cards.
Please note that you may only register credit cards if you are the account holder (the credit card statement is in your name). If your spouse also has a credit card issued from your account and your card numbers are the SAME, both cards are automatically registered when one card is entered into your Upromise account. If the numbers on the cards are different, you will need to register each card separately.
How many credit cards can I register with Upromise?
You can register up to 10 credit cards.
Can I still save with Upromise if I don't want to register my credit card?
Yes. If you do not have a credit card or prefer not to register it, there are several other ways to earn cash back with Upromise—for instance, you can register the grocery and drug store cards you have with participating retailers to earn cash back through our Upromise Grocery eCoupon Program.
However, registering your credit card is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get automatic rebates at thousands of places nationwide—and we've taken several steps to secure and safeguard your credit card information.
Which credit cards can I register in my Upromise account?
You can register up to ten credit cards in your Upromise account including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and ExxonMobil. You can also register a debit or check card if it displays the Visa or MasterCard logo (when paying with a debit or check card, be sure to select "credit" as your method of payment, in order to get your college savings).
What if my credit card is not listed as a choice on the registration screen?
You can still receive cash back through other parts of the Upromise savings network by shopping online through a link in the Upromise website and by signing up with our contributing companies that provide other services.
Can I use international credit cards?
Upromise accepts the following credit cards, regardless of the location of the sponsoring bank: American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. However, you need to be a legal U.S. resident to be a Upromise member.
- Register your debit or check card with Upromise (make sure it displays the Visa or MasterCard brand);
- When you pay for your purchase, be sure to select "credit" as your method of payment. If you are not given an opportunity to select "credit", please verify with the checkout attendant that your payment method is "credit" and not "debit".
You can automatically get cash back at thousands of restaurants and retail locations when you shop with your registered debit or check cards.
How soon after registering my credit card with Upromise can I use the card to start receiving cash back?
Every credit card you register with Upromise is processed to ensure it is valid. Validation and processing can take up to ten days, after which you can start receiving cash back with that registered card.
What happens to my cash back if I return merchandise that I bought with my registered credit card?
If you return merchandise that you bought with your Upromise-registered credit card, your cash back will be deducted from your Upromise account.
What if my registered credit card expires during my membership with Upromise?
Should your credit card expiration date or billing address change during your membership, you will not need to update this information in your Upromise account. You can continue to get cash back with the credit card even if this information changes as long as the credit card number remains the same. To ensure all credit cards are up to date we recommend you log into your account regularly to verify the correct information.
Which retailers can I shop with online and get cash back?
You can receive cash back from more than 850 online retailers. To ensure that all cash back is properly credited to your account, be sure to either begin your shopping online at Upromise.com/shop or click through from a Upromise email. To see a complete list of online retailers, please visit the View All Retailers page.
In addition to shopping online through Upromise, can I also get cash back when I shop in the retailers' stores, over the telephone, or through their catalogs?
In most cases, you cannot get cash back from our 850+ online retailers when you shop in their stores, over the phone, or through their catalogs. However, some select retailers do allow Upromise members to get cash back with in-store, telephone or catalog purchases when using a registered credit or debit card. To find out if a retailer allows Upromise members to get cash back with in-store, telephone or catalog purchases when using a registered credit or debit card, please see each individual partner's terms and conditions.
Why do I earn a different cash back from each merchant?
Each Upromise partner individually decides how much they want to contribute and we have separate agreements with each retailer.
How do I earn at the grocery store?
The earning experience begins before you go to the grocery or drug store.
- Register your frequent shopper cards (grocery cards) into your Upromise account
- Go to the Grocery eCoupon section and activate the eCoupons of the products you wish to purchase. Doing this loads the coupons onto your frequent shopper card. There's no need to present a coupon at checkout.
- Go to a participating grocery or drug store, buy the eCoupon products you wish to purchase and make sure your frequent shopper card is scanned at checkout.
- Your Upromise cash back will automatically show up in your Upromise account within approximately 30 days.
Note, as of March 2011, you can no longer earn cash back from manufacturers on participating products in the Upromise Grocery Program without first selecting the eCoupon for that participating product(s) as described above.
What grocery stores and drugstores participate in the program?
See a complete list here.
How do I register my grocery or drugstore card with Upromise?
To register your grocery and drug store cards:
- Go to the Grocery eCoupons section of the Upromise website. You may be prompted to log in.
- Enter in your zip code to see participating retailers and drugstores.
- Enter in your grocery or drug store card information then click "Add card."
- Repeat for any other grocery/drugstore cards you have with participating stores.
How many grocery or drug store cards can I register in my account?
Upromise members can register up to five grocery store cards per grocery/drugstore chain.
How often are eCoupons updated?
The list of available eCoupon offers is updated on the Upromise website every month.
Can I redeem eCoupons multiple times?
It depends on the eCoupon. For most eCoupons, you can only use the eCoupon once. The eCoupon will clearly state whether the eCoupon is one time use or multiple use.
Who is SavingStar?
As of March 2011, SavingStar, Inc. is the company that manages the Upromise Grocery eCoupons Program. SavingStar is led by the same management team that created and oversaw the Upromise Grocery Program since 2001.
Starting in March 2011, how can I earn cash back on eligible grocery and drug store purchases through Upromise?
As of March 2011, in order to earn cash back from manufacturers on participating grocery and drug store purchases through Upromise, you must first select an eCoupon on the Upromise website for each participating product you want. The activation process has been updated to allow for a simplified one-click process. You can no longer earn cash back from manufacturers on participating products in the Upromise Grocery Program without first selecting the eCoupon for that participating product(s).
What are "store exclusive" offers?
Some of our eCoupons may be exclusive to specific grocery chains. Each eCoupon labeled as exclusive will list which grocery/drug store you must purchase the item at in order to receive savings.
Can I use paper coupons with my eCoupons?
Yes, you can use paper coupons in conjunction with eCoupons. You can even use paper coupons and eCoupons for the same product.
What do I do if I lost my frequent shopper card (grocery or drug store card)?
If you lose your frequent shopper card, please be sure to contact the customer care department at that grocery or drug store chain to receive a replacement card. Once you receive a replacement card, make sure to register it in your Upromise account.
There aren't any grocery stores near me that participate in the Upromise Grocery eCoupon program. What do I do?
SavingStar, the company that manages the Upromise Grocery eCoupons Program, is working on getting more grocery retailers to participate in the Upromise Grocery eCoupon Program. Until there's a store near you, there are plenty of other ways to save with Upromise. You can shop online, dine out, or get the credit card. Click here to see all of our participating partners who offer cash back.
How can I make sure I get my cash back when I shop online?
Always start your online shopping by logging onto your account at Upromise.com and then clicking over to the retailer's site directly from Upromise.com.
How do I earn cash back when I shop with participating online retailers?
Follow these steps and you will receive your cash back automatically:
- Click on the Online Shopping link on the Upromise website.
- Find the store you'd like to browse and click the link on the Upromise website.
- If you aren't already logged on, you will be prompted to do so at that time. If you have your pop-up blocker disabled, you will then see a message from Upromise reminding you that you are leaving the Upromise site and any additional terms and conditions.
- If directed by the Upromise message to make your purchase with a registered credit card, you must do that in order to receive cash back. Complete the transaction as you normally would, (for In-Store Retailers, make sure you pay with a registered credit or debit card). Be sure that you have not clicked off that site to any other company site. If you do, Upromise will not be able to track your purchases and you will not receive cash back.
When you follow these steps, your cash back will be processed and posted within approximately 10-60 days after you've made your purchase.
Why do I have to start my online shopping at Upromise.com to get my cash back?
We have agreements with our online retailers that when one of our members makes a purchase, they will give a percentage of that purchase back to them as cash back. This is their way of thanking you for shopping with them and supporting your effort to help you earn cash back. We track these purchases primarily through the path you take when you click from our site. The partner sees that you started at Upromise.com and therefore knows to reward you with the college savings you've earned with your purchase.
Why do I have to log in to shop online?
When you log in at Upromise.com, you are telling us that you are a Upromise member. This is how we can track your purchases with our online-only retailers.
Can I earn cash back on everything I purchase from an online partner as long as I start at Upromise.com?
Not necessarily. Each partner has certain terms and conditions which may exclude certain products or services from being rewarded. In general, the cash back you receive from online retailers are based on your net purchase price, generally excluding taxes and shipping and handling, as well as any special services such as gift wrapping. Also, some partners will not give cash back on purchases made through the Upromise website if you have also taken advantage of a promotional offer not listed on the Upromise site when you made the purchase. Please see each individual partner's terms and conditions.
Can I get cash back when I purchase gift cards or gift certificates from the Upromise online partners?
It depends on the partner. Some partners allow Upromise members to receive cash back when they purchase gift cards or gift certificates, others do not give cash back on such purchases. It is important to check the individual partner's terms and conditions before purchasing a gift card or gift certificate.
How are the college savings I earn affected by returns, exchanges or back orders?
Adjustments to your rewards may take up to 90 days, depending on the retailer and the status of the order.
Returns: Returns will be credited back via the original method of purchase and adjustments to your cash back will be posted to your Upromise account within 60 days of the return.
Exchanges: Revisions to Upromise cash back will be made, when appropriate, on exchanged merchandise.
Back-ordered items: Upromise cash back earned on back-ordered items will be processed upon notification from the retailer that the order has been fulfilled.
Please note: The Upromise program is only responsible for awarding cash back on eligible member purchases at participating retailers. All questions about returns, exchanges and back orders of merchandise should be handled directly with the retailer.
What should I do if my shopping session is interrupted?
Occasionally, you will be logged out of your Upromise account while shopping online. This action protects your confidential account information when your account is inactive for an extended period of time. If you are automatically logged out of your Upromise account while shopping online, you still earn cash back for purchases you make through links on the Upromise website. You cannot, however, receive cash back if you click another store link and continue shopping. To make sure all your purchases earn cash back, you need to log in again and shop from a link on the Upromise website.
Can I use special offers and coupons and still earn cash back?
We work with our merchants to provide you with specials and coupons that you can combine with the Upromise discounts for maximum cash back. Please see each individual partner's terms and conditions. If you choose to use coupons and specials that are not listed on the Upromise site or in Upromise email, we cannot guarantee that you will be eligible to receive cash back on your purchases. It is advisable to check with each merchant to see if they allow such combination for specials and coupons not listed on the Upromise site or in Upromise email.
Furthermore, please be advised that coupons and special offers listed on the Upromise site are subject to change. Restrictions may apply. Upromise tries to present the most accurate offers but cannot make guarantees due to the time-sensitive nature of these promotions.
How does Upromise choose which stores to list on its site?
Upromise chooses contributing companies who are respected leaders in their industries and who are committed to our mission to help families save for higher education. These companies represent a wide range of consumer categories, making it easy for our members to accelerate their cash back.
If I have a problem with the merchandise I've ordered, will Upromise help me resolve it?
If you have a problem with the merchandise you've ordered, you need to contact the online store you ordered it from.
Can Upromise tell me how to install my new product, such as the new DVD player I just bought?
No. You will need to contact the product manufacturer directly for installation information.
Can Upromise help me find a repair shop or the address of my product's manufacturer?
Upromise does not search for repair shops nor do we supply product manufacturer information. For assistance, we suggest you contact the merchant where you bought the product or search for the manufacturer's Web site for more information.
How do I earn cash back in-store?
Be sure to start at Upromise.com to find deals at your favorite stores. For in-store deals that do not require activation, simply go to the retail location and shop with your registered card! For in-store deals that do require activation, simply click the “Activate” button next to the deal before shopping in-store or online with that retailer. Be sure to use your registered card to make each purchase.
How do I know if I need to activate to earn cash back at a participating retailer?
Once you click the “Activate” button to the right of the deal, you’re done! You’ll earn cash back on each purchase with that retailer until the deal expires. You do not need to activate deals to earn cash back for online deals.
How do I receive cash back from Upromise through dining?
- You can earn cash back by dining at a participating restaurant and paying with a credit or debit card that has been registered to your Upromise account. Specific terms and conditions apply for each restaurant's participation. Participating restaurants, cash back levels, blackout dates, limits on eligible visits and other terms and conditions apply and are subject to change. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest benefit schedules, visit upromise.com/dining. Gift certificate and gift card purchases made through the Upromise Restaurants Program by Rewards Network must be purchased at participating locations on days when benefits are being offered. Online purchases are not eligible for cash back.
- You can confirm which cards are registered and validated in your account by checking your profile on your My Account page. (Please note if you have credit or debit cards enrolled in other programs administered by Rewards Network, you will not earn Upromise cash back on those cards.) You are not required to identify yourself as a Upromise member at participating restaurants.
- As a Upromise member, you are eligible to 2.5% cash back on your total bill, including tax and tip. Not all restaurants accept all types of credit and debit cards. The cards accepted at any given restaurant are generally listed in the credit cards section of the Restaurant Details page. If you are in doubt about a restaurant's card acceptance, please call the restaurant directly.
- You can find information about cash back rewards at any participating restaurant, including restrictions (if any), by clicking on the name of the restaurant on the Upromise Restaurant Search Results page or on the 'view restaurant details' link.
How much cash back can I earn on my eligible dines?
To earn cash back through the Upromise Restaurants Program by Rewards Network, you must dine at a participating restaurant on a day and time when it offers rewards and pay for the meal with a credit or debit card that is registered in your Upromise account (Qualified Dine). Specific terms and conditions apply for each restaurant's cash back. Participating restaurants, blackout dates, limits on eligible visits and other terms and conditions apply and are subject to change. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest benefit schedules, visit upromise.com/dining. Gift certificate and gift card purchases made through the Upromise Restaurants Program by Rewards Network must be purchased at participating locations on days when benefits are being offered. Online purchases are not eligible for cash back.
Please note that you can earn a total of 10% cash back for college when you use your Upromise Mastercard® on eligible purchases when you dine at participating Upromise restaurants. View the Upromise Credit Card Reward Program Rules for details.
How do I earn cash back tonight?
Follow these easy steps and you will receive your cash back automatically:
- Register your credit or debit card in My Account.
- Find a participating restaurant via our online restaurant search. Be sure to confirm on the restaurant details page that rewards are available, as some locations have limited availability.
- Dine in or purchase take out at that restaurant, pay with a card that's registered (and validated) in your Upromise account. (If you have credit or debit cards enrolled in other programs administered by Rewards Network, you will not earn Upromise cash back on those cards.) It's that simple! When you pay with a credit or debit card you've registered with Upromise, we track your dining purchase and automatically award your cash back. Your transaction will be processed and posted to your Transaction History page within approximately 10-14 days.
You will find thousands of participating restaurants located throughout the United States. To locate a participating restaurant near you, please use our online restaurant search.
How do I know I received my cash back?
Please wait 10–14 days for your rewards to be posted to the Transaction History in My Account. You can view all your transactions and the cash back earned for each dining purchase in the 'view details' section of your Upromise account.
Can I get cash back when I invite guests to dine with me?
You receive cash back on all transactions paid for with your registered credit/debit card, including tax and tip. Simply make sure to pay for your bill with a credit/debit card registered with Upromise. You will not get rewarded cash back for items not purchased using your registered credit/debit card.
Do I need to let the restaurant know I'm a member of Upromise?
No. Once you have registered your credit or debit card, you earn cash back automatically and discreetly. There is no obligation to inform the restaurant that you are a Upromise member.
Is there a limit on the cash back amount I can receive at participating restaurants?
Yes, most restaurants have a maximum spending amount on which they will honor rewards each month. Each restaurant varies. You can find information about cash back dining at any participating restaurant, including restrictions (if any), by clicking on the name of the restaurant on the Restaurant Search Results page or on the "view restaurant details" link.
Why does my credit/debit have to be registered with the Upromise Restaurants Program?
Our goal at Upromise is to provide members with an easy-to-use cash back program that is totally discreet. We have confidential and protected processing technology that tracks the use of credit and debit cards registered with us when they're used at participating locations. We can then credit your designated account with the correct amount of cash back based on that transaction. This way there are no ID cards to present or coupons to clip, so no one—not the restaurant staff—will know about your rewards. Please note that the Upromise Restaurants Program will never charge your credit/debit card without your permission.
Can I receive Upromise Restaurants Program cash back as well as other dining program rewards from Rewards Network?
No, to be eligible for cash back from Upromise dining restaurants, your credit or debit card cannot be registered with any other dining program administered by Rewards Network. If your card is already registered in another dining program administered by Rewards Network and you would like it activated for use in the Upromise Restaurants Program, please call Upromise Customer Care at 1-800-UPROMISE. Approximately five to seven days after your credit or debit card has been removed from the other program, it will be validated for Upromise Restaurants Program to start receiving college savings. Be sure to check your Profile in your My Account page to confirm that your card is validated for Upromise Restaurants Program.
Who do I contact if I have questions about my cash back from the Upromise Restaurants Program?
Please contact us.
How do I apply for the Upromise Credit Card?
If you would like to apply for the Upromise MasterCard, you can log in to your Upromise account and fill out the online application, or you can contact Upromise Customer Care.
How can you earn cash back with your Upromise Credit Card?
It is easy—just use your card everywhere MasterCard is accepted. Every time you make an eligible purchase with a registered Upromise credit card, you can earn cash back. Visit our card center for more details.
Is shopping online through Upromise safe? Can I trust that my information won't be shared with other companies and used inappropriately?
What do I do if I've forgotten my username or password?
We can help you with that. Just click here or press Help on the Upromise.com homepage (located in the upper right hand corner near the Logout button). Then click on "I forgot my username and password. What should I do?"
Who should I call if I'm having problems with an order or a promo code?
It depends on the problem. If it's an issue with your order or with a promotional code, please call the retailer directly. If it's an issue with receiving your cash back, call Upromise Customer Care at 1-800-UPROMISE or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
 Deposit products are offered through Sallie Mae Bank, Member FDIC.